Tuesday 24 March 2015

Video Games That You Should Play!

Book recommendation: The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson

-------------------------------

I'm not a gamer. I practically need walkthroughs to get through every game. But, nonetheless, here are some epic games you should play!



~ Pokèmon! Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle? Don't know what the heck I'm talking about? //gasps in horror// At least try to salvage what little of your life you have left and BUY THE GAMES. Your life is NOT, I repeat, NOT, complete until you've played at least one game of Pokèmon. I suppose I should explain. Pokèmon are monsters that you can catch and battle with. There's a lot of thinking involved too, like what type (fire, water, grass, electric, etc) is super effective against what (water types would be super effective against fire types). It's a lot to take in at first, but trust me (I'M THE DOCTOR), it is so freaking addictive!



~ Minecraft! Everybody knows this game. So I probably shouldn't have to explain. But it's still one of the most popular games ever created. If Minecraft was a person, half my friends would marry it. Yes, they are that addicted. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. Personally, I envy their ability to be able to build, mine, craft, fight monsters, enchant, and defeat the End Dragon in two hours, tops. Two freaking hours! Plus,I am a total noob when it comes to this game.

Me: Is that a...ZOMBIE?!?! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! //goes into options and turns difficulty to peaceful//
Me: Hey, that little green thing's cute! Maybe it's friendly...wait, what?! It's expanding...//BOOM//...//Ayumii got blown up by a creeper//
Me: Ooh, it's a cow- OW WHAT THE HECK WHO DID THAT //whoosh thump// WHAT THE HECK I'M LOSING HEARTS AND THERE'S NOBODY AROUND ME //whoosh thump// WHAT IS THIS WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS HELP MEHHH //Ayumii got shot by a skeleton//

That's an average Minecraft session for me. But it is still endlessly fun. Especially on multiplayer servers. Here are some really fun ones:

us.mineplex.com
multicube.net
rsmv.net

There are way more that are probably tons more epic, but these are the ones that I usually play on.



~ Club Penguin-PSYCH! Powder Toy! Who doesn't enjoy blowing things up? I mean, HELLO?! Explosion?! Boom?! The incredible feeling you get when you completely obliterate something?! Powder Toy delivers all of that and more. This is a game where they give you heaps of elements (solids like wood and iron, liquids like water and lava, explosives like C4, TNT, fireworks, etc) and they just watch you set them on fire (there is a fire element, by the way). Massive boom!

So that's all I have for now. Buh-bye!

~ayumii


6 comments:

  1. Great list! Ah, I loveee Pokémon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. //high fives you// Pokémon is life!

      ~ayumii

      Delete
  2. ... Um, is it bad to say that I don't have Minecraft? I've played it over at a friend's house, but other than that, that's it. I love Pokemon! It was my childhood obsession, and even now I still play some of the games (though I do have to admit that after Diamond and Pearl, I only like some of their newer releases).

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not bad at all. I actually didn't have Minecraft until the start of this year, but I am still hopelessly addicted to it. And I do prefer the newer versions too, although sometimes I play some of the old games like Pokémon Yellow (for Pikachu!).

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately I'm practically incapable of playing any video game. It's like they have something against me. I've heard so much buzz about minecraft but I've never played it. I must do something about this, like now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Minecraft is a brilliant investment. I'm sure it'll agree with you (and hopefully not blow you up on the first night...)!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping to leave a comment :)