Tuesday 16 June 2015

Phobias

"It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well."
-Albus Dumbledore
(to Harry)



Sometimes, I'm so glad most people that read my blog don't know me IRL. The people who do read it are nice people. Very very nice people. In fact, they're so nice, that after they read this post they won't come up to me and start shoving balloons in my face.

Here are some of my phobias. Just, y'know, conveniently there in case you need to blackmail me in the future.
  **Note: I can't put any other pictures in besides the balloon picture because the others scare me so much TTvTT

Globophobia ~ fear of balloons




















I hate balloons. Hate hate hate 'em. I don't get how people can stand them! They're feral, they are. They're just waiting for you to drop your guard and then BAM! They explode in your face. This extends to water balloons as well, but not the throwing part (who doesn't like destruction by water balloon?!) For future reference, I will cry if you come near me with a balloon.

Ligyrophobia/Phonophobia ~ fear of loud noises
This is probably related to the whole balloon phobia thing. I can't stand sudden loud noises. Even if I'm expecting them. Stuff like balloons popping unexpectedly (nasty foul creatures) or party poppers going off.

Coulrophobia ~ fear of clowns
This is a recent fear: after watching Poltergeist (2015 remake), I am seriously scared of clowns. I've never found them creepy before, but after seeing the movie, I was expecting clowns to jump out at me from every crack and crevice. Brr.

Hemophobia ~ fear of blood
I don't like seeing other people bleeding. It scares me, especially if I'm friends with them. I'm fine with watching myself bleed, or watching people die from blood loss in a movie (it's quite amusing, actually XD). 

Nyctophobia ~ fear of the dark
Let me get one thing straight: I am not scared of the dark. I am scared of what's in it. Especially after watching horror movies (or trailers, for that matter: oh my god, Insidious 3 //faints//) or the occasional creepy Doctor Who episode. However, I refuse to sleep with a teddy bear. It's too damaging to my dignity.

Well, that's it. What are you scared of?




11 comments:

  1. I used to have Coulrophobia, lol. One time when I was little I was at the circus then..... THE CLOWNS CAME OUT. I literally had tears streaming down my face. I want my Mommy and my Teddy-bear now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that sounds horrible! At least you used to have coulrophobia XD

      Delete
  2. Hello Ayumii! Great post!I have nyctophobia. I am scared of the dark for some reason. I get really creeped out and scared because I think that something is going to jump scare me. I also feel like there are eyes watching and following me everywhere I go. I just can not stand it. I will just scream my head off and maybe cry when I'm alone in the dark. So that's it!

    - Sarah : )
    joysofmyhappylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's exactly how I feel :D
      I hope we grow out of it XD

      Delete
  3. This is a very interesting blogpost! Fears are not something to take lightly!
    (Also, I won't stuff balloons in your face, don't worry!)
    I have an intense fear of household vermin, like cockroaches and rats. I just can't even stand in the same room D:
    I tagged you for the Liebster Award!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Cockroaches used to be one of my fears for a while. Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete
  4. I got coulrophobia after reading the book It, by Stephen King. Then I saw the movie and that only made it worse... I also have selachophobia, fear of sharks. I have nightmares for weeks when I see one on tv.

    Great post!
    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I haven't read It. //mentally prepares for any sudden clown appearances//
      Sharks used to be scary, but then my teacher told me that more people are crushed to death by falling vending machines each year, so now I'm kinda scared of vending machines XD

      Delete
  5. Hai! I have nyctophobia.................................. *hides underneath blanket.........
    Anyway, I nominated you for the creative blogger award : )

    -Hannah
    http://theadventureofmyawesomeslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate blood, it's ew, I hate all the scary aliens from Doctor Who, and the dark. *whispers* Count the shadows....

    Great post! This is an awesome idea :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to leave a comment :)